Aging in Place – Denise Nott – Nutmeg Building and Remodeling
Be sure to join us Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at 11:30 am for our Monthly Luncheon at Filomena's, $20 for members, $20 for non-members, includes gratuity and tax.
People want to stay in their homes as they age, and need ways to do it safely, comfortably, and affordably. Denise Nott, of Nutmeg Building and Remodeling will share her expertise as an aging in place construction specialist. Her knowledge will help our members, and those of us keeping an eye on aging parents, make good decisions to continue living at home.
Denise is a Network Past President and Past President of the Builders Association of Eastern Connecticut (BAEC).
February is "Friendship Month." Bring a friend to lunch and be entered into a drawing to win a special prize!
Denise M Nott, CGR, CAPS, is the Owner/Sole Member of a local award-winning company Nutmeg Building & Remodeling LLC. A full-service remodeling company located in Ledyard for the last 15 years.
We at Nutmeg strive for satisfied clients above all else. Her company has had a niche market working with our aging population. The Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) designation program has taught her the technical, business management, and customer service skills essential to compete in this fast-growing segment of the residential remodeling industry: home modifications for the aging-in-place.
The baby boom generation has many choices as this large population of potential clients considers where to live. Overwhelmingly, seniors would prefer to stay in their own homes. The CAPS designation offers her potential clients what they need most: reassurance that she’ll help them make the choices that will help them stay in their homes safely and securely
Her company's overall objective is to satisfy that market segment that demands integrity and quality construction. Her entire staff has enhanced the reputation of Nutmeg Building & Remodeling LLC to the point where the company is regarded by many as the recommended choice due to the excellent craftsmanship and management. Denise has won Remodeler of the Year from the local home builders association 5 times and Nutmeg is a 2-time winner of the state HOBI award.
• Denise is the owner of Nutmeg Building & Remodeling, LLC a Ledyard based remodeling company for the past 15 years. A full-service company, offering services from items on the “honey do” list to a whole house remodel.
• Denise brings a unique combination of integrity and professionalism which has been recognized in her accomplishments, awards and association affiliations.
• Past President of the SECT Women’s Network
• Past President of the Home Builders & Remodelers Association of Eastern Connecticut- first and only female to hold this position in the 50 year history of the organization
• Certified Graduate Remodeler through the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
• Certified Aging in Place Specialist through the NAHB
• 2007, 2008 and 2009, 1012, 2016 Home Builders and Remodelers Association of Eastern Connecticut “Remodeler of the Year”
• Denise had the honor of being Featured in Grace Magazine in November 2008, an article written by fellow member Karen Anderson
Southeastern Connecticut Women's Network, PO Box 921, Groton, CT 06340-0921Copyright 2008-2022 SECT Women's Network (a registered not-for-profit agency) - Founded in 1976.